Anyone have any ideas?

StevenW.

Crowing
13 Years
Oct 7, 2010
Central, Illinois
I hoped I would never EVER have to post a thread on this topic but my luck has turned last week and this week.

Last week I noticed one of my bantam hens was acting weird so I put her in the isolation cage, she was eating and drinking.
The day after I noticed that one of her eyes was closed and had some type of crusty stuff keeping it closed, I automatically thought that she had got her head wet in the waterer and went to get something to eat and got some feed stuff on her face. So I pulled the eyelids apart very carefully then she opened her eyelids, I then cleaned her eyelids where the crusty stuff was. I kept doing this for a whole week and yesterday she looked perfect when I went out in the morning but when I went to do the evening chores she had died. It wasn't even hot yesterday only in the 70's because it kept raining on and off all day.

Now one of my other hens has the same $^*#@& thing today also! I put her in isolation also. I'm just wondering what the heck is going on?? I've checked all the birds and they have no mites or any type of bug. Their coop is completely cleaned every 2-3 weeks and small cleaning inbetween those weeks.

Any ideas? I'm clueless at the moment...

Last edited by a moderator:
ep.gif
Oh no, I'm so sorry for your lost
sad.png
Does this hen have any crusty nose or ears?

<3ChickenForever :

ep.gif
Oh no, I'm so sorry for your lost
sad.png
Does this hen have any crusty nose or ears?

Nope. I looked, they don't have any troubles breathing either.
Oh and chick brooder room is on full lockdown at the moment.​

Hmmm I thought I would get some more answers... 70 some views and nothing.
I know I have created enemys on this board and most of them are into this section.

Chickenforever - I really appreciate you trying to help. Means a lot to me!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom