Anyone have any phobias?????

It is not a phobia, but more of a...oh I don't know a phobia I guess.

I will gag uncrontrollably if one of those gynourmous sewer/garden roaches comes flying at me with its wings all "ppthtbtbtbtbtbtbthhhh".

Also the palo verde beetle when they are 8 inches long and you aren't paying attention and go to dump the dog water and it plops out onto your shoe and pinches your ankle and aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I have to go now.

Last edited:
I do. It's a full blown phobia. I will either fight, or flight too. It's in my medical files. I've even passed out. I will avoid anything at all costs that requires a needle...

Aichmophobia- Fear of needles or pointed objects.

Bluemoon

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

I have that too!

That's the same way I am with Cicada's and Praying Mantis bugs
sickbyc.gif
.....I like to look at them but when the praying mantis or cicada's (especially when we have the swarms) come flying....I go running. I'm going to have to go and check when the next swarm of cicada's is due and make sure I have enough supplies on hand so I can stay inside for the month they are here. LOL My kids think I'm a case but I hate those things with a passion.

My other fear is heights. Working on the shed/coop we are building right now has been a real challenge. If I don't look down once I get up on the top step of the ladder I'm okay until it's time to come down.
roll.png
When I went up to the top of the Statue of Liberty and the Eiffel Tower at King's Island (in Cincinnati) I literally had to be peeled off of the interior wall. LOL
lol.png

Last edited:
my knees turn to rubber and I get light headed if I get on anything higher than a horse...I was in a or the, tallest building in downtown Mpls a few years ago and the building sways in the wind...I could not make myself look out the windows and I barely made it back to the elevator without passing out...go figger...

Fear of closed in spaces. When I was young I got stuck under a bed and hate closed in spaces ever since. I have some trouble on planes but are ok if I have air. Getting off the plane is the worst because of the people all crowding and I feel trapped.

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

I have that too!

I was even black listed at dentist offices. I heard one of the dentists whisper..." She's one of those". I got up and walked right out. I didn't look back. As a kid, the doctors had to wear protective gear. My dad said my aim was spot on, and I kicked hard.

Bluemoon

Last edited:
I don't know what my phobia is called, but I have a fear of anything getting too close to my eyes. Getting a glaucoma test done is incredibly frightening for me! When I was a teenager I wanted to get rid of my stupid glasses and tried contact, emphasis on tried. Of course, you're supposed to take them out daily and clean them, well I had such a phobia of getting my finger too close to my eyes that I left them in for days. Yes, days. If my kids are trying to show me something and they get too close to my face or eyes I have to back up because I start to have a mini-panic moment. Not sure what ever started the phobia, but I've had it as long as I can remember.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom