1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone have barn/run for 100 or so chickens? need pics

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by cupman, Nov 28, 2011.

1. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Hello I am doing a school project on a small business and my model was all about chickens. I need to make a nice display board for my idea but my current setup is very small time and not what I need. So basically I am asking for people to show me some large chicken setups that they own or that they know of that they would be comfortable with me using their picture for a school project. I won't use it for marketing or anything else, strictly school purposes. I'm browsing around now but if you know one off hand it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. farmer9989

farmer9989 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2011
    alba texas
    moveable Hoop coops going to be cheapest and quickest.

3. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

We have an old barn converted into several coops with runs. You can see pictures on "my page" and my "barn/coop" page.

Two coops are built for up to 25 large fowl birds each, one for a dozen bantams and the main coop for up to 50 birds with a feed-room in the middle and a hallway, horse stable and goat stable on the end. Not sure if that would be any help, but feel free to use anything there if you can use it.

4. Zanna

Zanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2010
    Jefferson, Oregon
    Quote:[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This hoop coop/tractor we built can comfortably hold 70 chickens, we do free range though, they only sleep in here. The base is pvc pipe so we can easily pull it with a 4-wheeler or any vehicle. We can push it sideways by hand w/two people. It would be quite easy to make a larger version. I would be happy to answer any specific questions, just PM me.

Rosanna

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by