anyone have bearded dragons?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Emzyyy, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    My friend River has had this female for 3 years now and now she's sick, she won't eat. They took her to a local pet store they thought she was constipated and gave her some stuff for it and now she's just pooping this stuff they gave her and still won't eat. They thought she was egg bound and she isn't. She's shedding but she's done that before and hasn't acted like this is what River told me. Anyone have an idea of whats wrong with her?

2. serendipity22

serendipity22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    NC
    CupidsDelite has Bearded Dragons. Maybe you can PM her?

3. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Quote:Thanks will do. [​IMG]

4. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    How long has she not been eating? How is she acting?

5. Epona142

Epona142 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    Bedias, TX
    It would be very difficult to figure out what may be wrong with that little bit of information.

I would recommend beardeddragon.org, their forums are very helpful and will ask you the questions to get the answers to help you and our friend figure this out.

Good luck

6. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Thankks, I am not sure how long she has not been eating maybe a week? They feed her crickets and some lettuce.

7. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    I would go to the web site provide. That is not a good diet for a three year old they need to read up
    I am not trying to sound harsh.

8. cheapcheap_jeepjeep

cheapcheap_jeepjeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Villa Grove
    What type of lettuce? any or greens? have they tried superworms or slkworms ? She could be tired of the same thing day in and day out.

9. equine623

equine623 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    NE PA
    How did they determine that she isn't egg bound? Diet needs to be more varied than just lettuce and crickets. What substrate is she on? Hard to determine what it could be without more info...

Tell them good luck and feel free to pm me if you like - I'm a zookeeper and yes, I work with reptiles [​IMG]

10. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I was gonna ask about the substrate....sometimes they eat it when they om nomming the crickets.
    Reptisand or calcisand is what we have ours on at work.
    Also what's the temp in the cage. Reptiles need to be warm to be able to eat well...Dang...let me look it up...

okay...found my book:
    Beardies can have body temps of 95 degrees F when basking...They're desert dwellers so they're very heat tolerant.

Are they dusting the crickets with reptidust or anything else for MBD?

At work we feed ours mealworms, crickets and give some salad (dk leafy greens, strawberries, stuff like that).

Good luck

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by