anyone have bearded dragons?

Emzyyy

Runs with Deer
11 Years
Jul 14, 2008
Derby Kansas
My friend River has had this female for 3 years now and now she's sick, she won't eat. They took her to a local pet store they thought she was constipated and gave her some stuff for it and now she's just pooping this stuff they gave her and still won't eat. They thought she was egg bound and she isn't. She's shedding but she's done that before and hasn't acted like this is what River told me. Anyone have an idea of whats wrong with her?

Quote:
Thanks will do.
smile.png

It would be very difficult to figure out what may be wrong with that little bit of information.

I would recommend beardeddragon.org, their forums are very helpful and will ask you the questions to get the answers to help you and our friend figure this out.

Good luck

Thankks, I am not sure how long she has not been eating maybe a week? They feed her crickets and some lettuce.

How did they determine that she isn't egg bound? Diet needs to be more varied than just lettuce and crickets. What substrate is she on? Hard to determine what it could be without more info...

Tell them good luck and feel free to pm me if you like - I'm a zookeeper and yes, I work with reptiles
smile.png

I was gonna ask about the substrate....sometimes they eat it when they om nomming the crickets.
Reptisand or calcisand is what we have ours on at work.
Also what's the temp in the cage. Reptiles need to be warm to be able to eat well...Dang...let me look it up...

okay...found my book:
Beardies can have body temps of 95 degrees F when basking...They're desert dwellers so they're very heat tolerant.

Are they dusting the crickets with reptidust or anything else for MBD?

At work we feed ours mealworms, crickets and give some salad (dk leafy greens, strawberries, stuff like that).

Good luck

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom