anyone have bubbly eyes WITHOUT it being CRD?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by klf73, May 16, 2011.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I posted a pic of my hen that has a bubbly eye, well both but one is barely noticible. This is the second time I noticed this, but it clears up the next day and no other symptoms. Is there ANYTHING else besides CRD that will cause the bubbly eye??? No new chickens, nothing different, she has been here 2 years(hatched here), others are all healthy, no chickens nearby....I am at a loss [​IMG] I just need to know what else could cause a bubbly eye so I can rule it out...thanks

2. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I had a pullet with a piece of hay stuck under her lower eye lid that got a slight bubbly eye like you said. I pulled the hay out and it went away and never came back.

3. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    can it be because of dirt?? when she dust bathes she gets it all over her head and her legs are stumpy(short) so she has a hard time rubbing her eyes. There is no respiratory issue, nose is clean, mouth & tongue look normal, throat clear. I am trying to find a number to get her tested and have her separated until then. NO one else has any symptoms... I am sick with worry [​IMG] none of my new babies from this year have made it outside yet so they haven't been exposed to new birds since the additions last year. [​IMG]

4. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    just get her under a really bright light and try to pull her lid down, see if anything is in there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by