1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone have CHEAP TEST eggs? Thanks Everyone- bator full for now

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by SportTees, Apr 12, 2009.

1. SportTees

SportTees Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm looking for CHEAP TEST eggs. This was to be a post to help fill my open spaces but The power went out last night after that bad wind storm for 8 hrs and I lost all my eggs [​IMG]

Here is what I lost but I'm open to any cheap eggs

8 buff duck
    13 mixed duck
    4 call duck
    3 khacki cambell duck

4 turkey

6 buff silkie
    3 mystery chicken
    18 ameraucana

24 OPEN spaces

Thank you Jenlyn9483 , Tripp , Reddevil , Eduardo , and Critterbazaar for helping - I can't wait to get the eggs!!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  2. Panther Creek Poultry

Panther Creek Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    Clarksburg, MO
    I have about 10 Cuckoo Maran ( English Standard) hatching eggs I would be willing to ship for $10 plus shipping, if you would be interested. They are pure breed, I have just not had time to check fertility on them yet. Would love to have someone test them for me. Just PM me if you are interested.

Sheila

3. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

Quote:Ditto on this - great eggs - and cheap [​IMG]

4. SportTees

SportTees Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks I'll check those out.

How much is shipping for the maraan eggs?

5. AK_Button_Mama

AK_Button_Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    I wouldnt toss those eggs yet.... I had the power go out on my sportsman for 5-8 hours and the temp dropped to room temp. I just kept them in and they hatched late (5 days late) but they still hatched.... and they were all healthy!!! its not a completely lost cause yet...

If you have not tossed them its worth a try to see if they are still viable!!! just get th e temps back up and candle in a few days to see if there is still movement!

worst case senario you will have spoiled eggs but at least its worth a try right!

6. chubbydog811

chubbydog811 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I second the fact of not tossing the eggs yet. During the ice storm in November or whenever it was last year, our power went out for a full 24 hrs. I wans't even home, so I couldnt even put some hot water bottles in, or blankets over. I candled a few days later, and they were all fine...

Give them a chance if you havent tossed them already! [​IMG]

7. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    this is excellent info!! I will remember this. I had my dh hook up the generator when we had those storms last week! I won't tell him though [​IMG]

8. Panther Creek Poultry

Panther Creek Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    Clarksburg, MO
    P.M. Me your zipcode and I will check on shipping costs.

Sheila

9. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I have some for $1 each--probably two dozen? I can ship them out tomorrow in a flat rate box + packing for $16 Some are purebreds (blue/black/splash orpingtons), black Crevecoeurs and may include a duck egg if you want & they lay again tomorrow morning...the other hens are golden laced cochins, lemon blue cochins, black sumatras.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by