1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone have clear corrugated roof?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by stone_family3, Apr 3, 2016.

1. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    Looking for a way to add more light. Can you share pics and how did you predator proof it.

2. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    I am building with a translucent roof. the clear was the idea but it costed a few more dollars so hubby went with translucent. light can still come In but it's not clear like we had intended..I can post when project is finished if you like? :)

3. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    That would be awesome. I'm considering putting the hardwire cloth down, then the roof frame, then the corrugated roof.

Just wondering if anyone else usedvit and what their predator proof setup was.

4. weezerfish

weezerfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2016
    NE Indiana
    I'm in the process of building my first coop and plan to do a translucent skylight. Hadn't thought about predators sneaking in that way, so I'm glad you brought it up. Not sure how likely that would be, but I'm going to put a layer of hardware cloth so I don't have to think about it. An ounce of prevention...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by