Anyone have eggs hatching next weekend? 4/28-4/29?? Looking for someone to wait with...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Missymac, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Missymac

Missymac Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    NY
    My next batch of eggs are due to hatch next weekend. Thus far I am batting 0 with hatch rates. first clutch lost 5/5 eggs. Second clutch lost 11/11 eggs. Half due to early hatching.

I have anothr clutch in the incubator right now. 10 eggs I think, of barnyard mix. I am going to candle tonight and see who is developing and who isn't, just waiting for dark. Then it will be a long week. ast time I candled all 10 were alive and moving around. I am hoping for better luck this time.

2. Missymac

Mar 24, 2011
    NY
    Bump.

Anyone?

3. TarheelBirdy

TarheelBirdy Chillin' With My Peeps

Me! Pheasant and Guineas! And, possibly Barred Rocks, if they hatch early, they usually do.

4. Missymac

Mar 24, 2011
    NY
    [​IMG]Hurray! Someone to wait with!

5. TarheelBirdy

TarheelBirdy Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

6. QualityPolish

QualityPolish Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Utah
    Me too... although the broody is doing the hatching lol. I'm still very anxious [​IMG]

7. Missymac

Mar 24, 2011
    NY
    I currently have 10 eggs in this clutch. All still looked alive and well at last candle, I am doing a double clutch so I am going to wait until tommorrow or monday to candle as I have 16 eggs I put in today for a mother's day hatch and want to candle when the are a couple days.

Anyways
    The fathers of this clutch are a
    Chantecler X RIR
    or
    Silkie x RIR

The hens are EEs x2 , Buff Brahma x 1, Araucana x1, Jersey Giant x 1, Buff Orpington X 2, Golden Comet x 2, RIR x 1.

I watched each of the hens lay the eggs(as I did with my mothers day hopefully hatch) And have a chart that I am recording information(egg color, hen, chick color, features, date hatched, date set, time hatched, time set...ect. I am hoping to figure out which rooster is the one contributing to the population. And what the chicks look like from the above mix.

8. Lavenderfields

Lavenderfields Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    Mine are due 4/29 and 4/30. A little nervous as this is my first hatch. I split the eggs up between the Brinsea Advanced and a Little Giant with fan and turner. The LG has been hard to regulate temperature-wise. I'm not sure what I'm looking for exactly when candling, but the Brinsea eggs all had the veining and I saw one moving. Some of these are Lav. Ameraucana eggs and I can't see through those at all. The others are BCM's---hard but I can see something, and then a few Cochin/Ameraucana crosses for fun (from the breeder) and a couple of mine from my very brief ownership of a true Aracana Roo---just to see if they would hatch. Arrrrrggghhh. . . the waiting is very hard at this point!

9. J&S CHICKENS

J&S CHICKENS New Egg

May 31, 2010
    I have my 1st batch due to hatch next weekend. I am so excited ! I have 28 marans eggs. I can't see much though I have tried.

10. Missymac

Mar 24, 2011
    NY
    Sorry you can't get a good candleing through the maran eggs. I have a hard time with my Jersey Giant egg and with my EE eggs. The shells seem to be thicker or somthing. About 50% of my eggs seem to be right on track, I have a couple I think are quitters, and then some look like they may not be developed as far as the others, I am going to wait until lock down to remove eggs. 2 of them are quite wild. Everytime I candle they are bopping around in their shells. I

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by