anyone have eggs hatching????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sarabeth, Oct 24, 2008.

1. sarabeth

sarabeth Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Mammoth Spring, AR
    I have 2 new babies. Suppose to have hatched yesterdaybut r hatching today. i also have 2 pips. Can the 2 that has hatched mess up the other ones that are hatching they r very loud and moving alot. (rolling the other eggs around.) I don't think i have ever hatched any that are this active!! [​IMG]

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    No the loud ones will 'talk' the others out of their eggs. It might make the chicks that are getting rolled around a bit dizzy, but it won't hurt them!

3. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

mine hatched beneath two banty hens on the 22nd, am still trying the remaining eggs but in an electric skillet as an incubator...giving them a few more days as they are from Tori's Silkies...

4. Sebrightmom

Sebrightmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Greencastle, IN
    I have 5 chicks that are 3 weeeks that I hatched in the incubator. Then I have two chicks that will be two weeks on Sunday that the hen hatched. I also have six chicks that are two days old that were hatched out by another hen. All are either blue or black Ameraucanas.
    Here is a picture of the new mother with the two day old chicks. Each hen is a first time mother. They are doing a great job.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. CindyS

CindyS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Geneseo, Illinois
    I have 4 showgirls and 1 serama so far, mine were suppose to hatch yesterday also but hatched over night last night. only 5 of the showgirl eggs were good out of 17 (shipped eggs) and I think the 5th is dead in shell without pipping. I am amazed that the 4 hatched cleanly. they had the most awful aircells I have ever seen. I took a few pics but my camera dock is not working i will have to wait til my oldest son gets home to look at it. They are all buff and it looks like 2 have the bowties and 2 dont so i have both types. Nice dark skin i have not counted toes yet!

6. Ms. Lewis Rich

Ms. Lewis Rich Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    I have Copper Marans hatching all this week and Blue Bantam Cochins, the first from my parent birds.

7. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    16 RIR due Sunday.

Looks like we have pips already. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by