Anyone have exp with Countryside Organics or Scratch and Peck?

StovallChick

In the Brooder
Jan 28, 2015
Anyone have exp with countryside Organics or scratch and peck feed? We have 6 baby chicks(3 buff Orps, 3 RIR) that are 3 weeks old. Looks like none of our local feed stores carry any organic feed so I'm going to have to order some online. Our local tractor supply only has the teeny 5 pound bags of manna pro organic,that's their only organic option. After doing the math countryside Organics is coming out about .30 cents a pound cheaper so I may go with that. Any advice would be appreciated!
2764.png
1f425.png

We used Scratch n Peck for a while. Great feed, most high quality ingredients, fish protein (preserved naturally) and probiotics. It's not finely ground, so the feed will be fresher than mash/crumble/pellets. We might actually be switching back to it sometimes soon. Like some feeds, you might end up with some powder in your feeder. If so, just mix the powder with some water or yogurt and let them gobble it down.

We used Scratch n Peck for a while. Great feed, most high quality ingredients, fish protein (preserved naturally) and probiotics. It's not finely ground, so the feed will be fresher than mash/crumble/pellets. We might actually be switching back to it sometimes soon. Like some feeds, you might end up with some powder in your feeder. If so, just mix the powder with some water or yogurt and let them gobble it down.

I feed Scratch and Peck. Love it, and the birds do, too. Not sure where you're located, but another organic feed is Modesto Milling (pellets or crumble rather than whole grain like S&P). I use Modesto's scratch, as the birds prefer it.

http://www.modestomilling.com/

Awesome thanks!! Yes I was wondering if s&p starter is crumbled or whole since ours are still small I might try Modesto until they can eat the whole grains then switch to s&p. Thanks yall! :)

The S&P starter is ground, but not quite as finely as some other starters I've used. IIRC, the packaging does say to supply chick grit on the side.

Back
Top Bottom