Anyone have experience with McMurray Hatchery?

I ordered chicks from Murray Mcmurray hatchery when I was a teenager, first in 2004 and again in 2006. The hatchery is located in Iowa, the chicks' destination was Dallas, Oregon. Both times, the chicks arrived happy and healthy. I didn't have any sick birds and aside from predator casualties (due to a crafty neighbors cat that figured out how to get in the brooder :mad: all of them grew up just fine. Their polish are of a great temperament in my experience. I also had Quail Bearded D'Anvers from them that were very true to the breed standard and did well in show.

The wyandottes were exceptionally friendly, although that could have been largely because my dad took such a liking to them that he'd baby them as chicks and let them free range, feeding them pieces of apple whenever he went outside. Spoiled them so much! the rooster was sweet as can be and would hop up on anyone's shoulder expecting a treat. One day he tried hopping up on my 98 year old great grandma, who was sitting in my dad's favorite chair. He thought she was waiting there for him to give him snacks. Once she realized he wanted to sit on her lap, she was happy to have him there, but at first she thought an owl was attacking her!

I ordered chicks from Murray Mcmurray hatchery when I was a teenager, first in 2004 and again in 2006. The hatchery is located in Iowa, the chicks' destination was Dallas, Oregon. Both times, the chicks arrived happy and healthy. I didn't have any sick birds and aside from predator casualties (due to a crafty neighbors cat that figured out how to get in the brooder :mad: all of them grew up just fine. Their polish are of a great temperament in my experience. I also had Quail Bearded D'Anvers from them that were very true to the breed standard and did well in show.

The wyandottes were exceptionally friendly, although that could have been largely because my dad took such a liking to them that he'd baby them as chicks and let them free range, feeding them pieces of apple whenever he went outside. Spoiled them so much! the rooster was sweet as can be and would hop up on anyone's shoulder expecting a treat. One day he tried hopping up on my 98 year old great grandma, who was sitting in my dad's favorite chair. He thought she was waiting there for him to give him snacks. Once she realized he wanted to sit on her lap, she was happy to have him there, but at first she thought an owl was attacking her!
Lol
Thanks for the feedback

Um, did you end up culling your flock? Your flock is very likely MG positive. If you still have them then you can't expand your flock. I told you that kn your other post. If you choose to keep them then you have to close your flock.

Back
Top Bottom