Anyone have experience with this thermometer/hygrometer?

biteme2134

Songster
6 Years
Jul 21, 2013
GA
My Coop
My Coop
I got this and am comparing it to a old liquid style thermometer. I've done 3 or 4 hatches with good rates so I trust the old one. This one seems to be holding about 2 to 3 degrees higher than my old one. What is your take on this one? Is this one pretty spot on or should I trust my old one? I've got 39 eggs now and this new thing has said I've hit 103 more than a few times... My old one fluctuates between 99 and 101 pretty steadily.

IncuTherm Plus - Incubatorwarehouse.com

Last edited:
I have one that is accurate for me and agrees with my old liquid thermometer. That doesn't mean yours is though. I would trust the one you have been successful with. Interesting that mine reads 1-2 degrees high in the 70 degree range but is accurate in the 90-100 degree.

Interesting. Have you had any success with the ice water temp test? I thought maybe I'd try that after this hatch.

Interesting. Have you had any success with the ice water temp test? I thought maybe I'd try that after this hatch.

I don't think the probe is water proof so not sure ice water test would work. You might ruin your thermometer/hygrometer. I have had mixed results with the ice water test. Again just because a thermometer is calibrated correctly at 32 degrees does not mean it would be correct at 100 degrees. I think this is especially true with digital thermometers.

Back
Top Bottom