Anyone have experience with Urban Chicken Coop Company?

kbh913

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 15, 2013
Hello,
Looking at the Urban Chicken Coop Company Round Top Coop and wondering if anyone has any experience with it? Especially in cold winter months like New England? Wire floor???
Thanks!!!i

Never had any experience with them but that's where the coop for the "Chicken Whisperer's" coop give away is from. I'm sure prob everyone on here is entered..lol. But the Urban coop company site should have info and photos on it. http://urbancoopcompany.com/

:) yep, that is how I first saw it. Just would live to hear from someone who actually has one before I buy. Any thoughts on that wire floor and the spaces in the wood slats of the walls for New England winter?

Typical gorgeous romantic prefab chicken coop....looks great, but highly impractical.
It's way tiny....too small IMO....keep researching before buying or building.

Good to know.... Do you have any recommendations on a prefab? Building is not an option for us. We have 8 bantams that will be homes in CT.
Thanks!!!!

Too small. if a dog steps on that hardware cloth it can break into the coop because its just stapled in, no 1x2 behind it to secure it. Its a urban pretty coop and not something practical. Maybe good for a breeder trio of bantams. But no way that you can fit six hens in there like they show. I build my coop , which is bigger than that and has a run( 12sqft coop and 28sqft run) for half the price.

Good to know.... Do you have any recommendations on a prefab? Building is not an option for us. We have 8 bantams that will be homes in CT.
Thanks!!!!
Can you do any building at all??
Buying a shed and modifying for chickens is probably the best 'prefab' option that I've seen, but it does take some building skills.
Or look for someone to build it for you.

Unfortunately, no. Assembling yes, but no building possibilities:(

I am planning to get my first chicks this spring and have been looking at all of the pre-fab chicken coop possibilities. Right now the leader of the pack are the Snap Lock coops.

I want something light weight, tough, secure and mobile so I am looking at the small size (seems like it would be pretty darn predator proof if locked). You may want to look at the larger model? They don't come with runs though. Large runs about $700 and the small about $450.

The toughness factor is a big thing for me, while the coop is small it looks like it will last a very long time even if moved frequently.

I am in the same boat. I was going to get a prefab kit but the reviews were terrible. You don't want to shell out a lot of money and only have it last a year. I live in Massachusetts so I have the same weather issues. I have decided to go the shed route and turn it into a coop. This site has been SO HELPFUL. Something they have taught me chickens don't care what it looks like. I'm not a contractor, I have limited skills and only my 66 year old mother to help. But I'm gonna take the plunge and do the best I can. Home Depot delivers and installs the shed. Then I just need to modify it. I figure one item at a time.

Back
Top Bottom