1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone have Fluff'n'Stuff Silkies?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Blisschick, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    I'm looking at purchasing some roosters that are from FNS stock. She said they were supposedly from SQ stock in NY. Are they quality birds?

2. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Quote:She has beautiful birds.

I think she is a member here.

3. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    Ohhhh...I did not know. [​IMG]

4. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Yes, Melanie is on here as Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies. She occasionally sells eggs here.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  5. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    Well, shucky darn...the woman just emailed me back to tell me that she just sold all her silkies and seramas. I'm so bummed!!! I need a black SQ roo!!!

6. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Ah man! Definitely don't go check out Mel's bird pictures...you'll be REALLY upset about it then! hehe

Just tell yourself the lady wasn't honest and they weren't really from Mel and you'll feel better. ;-)

7. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    That works for me...she sold them knowing that I wanted to see them. I could have had 3 roos and one hen for $30. :mad:

8. leghorn dude

leghorn dude Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2008
    Conroe tx
    if its the same lady i told you about i almost bought them to hold for you just didnt have anywhere to put them sure wish it would have worked out she was practically giving chicken stuff away

9. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    Yes, it was the same one. If you had gotten them for me, I could have picked them up ASAP. I was out making a new door for my old brooder and doing repairs on it. I nearly gave myself heat stroke at one point. [​IMG] I wouldn't have minded!

If you get another lead, let me know. I PM'ed Michelle to see if she might have a lead. She can find anything! [​IMG]

10. leghorn dude

leghorn dude Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2008
    Conroe tx
    will do

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by