Anyone have FRENCH Houdans?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by TheFarmMama, Sep 30, 2011.

1. TheFarmMama

TheFarmMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2009
    Stafford, VA
    This might be a long shot but I'm looking for French Houdans, any color as long as they have leaf combs-not sure if anyone has any here in the US but if you do please let me know! Eggs/chicks/adults, doesn't matter. Thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Why? LOL Not that I know of...but you wouldn't be able to show them here in the U.S. with those combs. [​IMG]

3. TheFarmMama

Nov 4, 2009
    Stafford, VA
    I don't care about showing them, I appreciate the look of the breed-especially the uniqueness of the comb [​IMG]

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:Oh okay....what about a Buttercup? [​IMG] They are in desperate need of someone to work with them. Do you have La Fleche already? I have bantam Houdan (whites & mottled) & LF Houdan (whites) as well as Crevecoeur.

5. TheFarmMama

Nov 4, 2009
    Stafford, VA
    I heard Buttercups weren't all that hardy so I didn't pay them much mind but I do think they're pretty and had considered them awhile back. Do you know anyone/where with non-hatchery stock? We have quite a few breeds on the ALBC list inluding the la Fleche-they're my avatar [​IMG] They're some of my favs too, I love the little noises they make! Such a shame more people aren't into them.

6. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:That's why I don't have them--just because our winters are so severe here....I'm not sure if Sandhill has them but their birds would be a better start than any of the other hatcheries....there might be someone on here that breeds them too....oh and Redcaps. I think there is someone breeding those.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by