1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone have Golden Laced Wyandottes from MtHealthy ?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by RAREROO, Dec 20, 2011.

1. RAREROO

RAREROO Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Any one have them ? Id love to see some pics if so.

2. acw123

acw123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2011
    Charlottesville
    just recd some chicks on the 16th. They all came looking very healthy and with markings as the should be as chicks. Hoping they turn out nice as the grow. Good luck, I will monitor the thread as I would like to see pics of some of their adult birds as well.

3. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    Quote:This looks like a typo - what does it mean? Does that mean they marked the different sexes for you, or the different breeds, or that the markings on the chicks looks like the pictures on the hatchery's website?

4. acw123

acw123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2011
    Charlottesville
    Just saying they have the golden brown coloring on their head as should be as well as the "chipmunk" like markings on their back. Sorry for the confusion maybe I should have said patterns instead of markings [​IMG].

I did order sex specific, 4 girls and 1 boy. They were not tagged in any way to show which was which. The only difference I notice at a few days old is that there seems to be one chick with a dark chest and four with a very light chest. Don't know if this means dark chest for boys and light chest for girls or just a coincidence.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by