Anyone have hometown or state atheletes in this years Summer Olympics?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Hotwings, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    With so many people here I am certain you have locals in this years Olympics. Tell me who they are and what sport they are competing in?

We don't have a lot of atheletes from Mich in this years olympics but where I live Portage Michigan we have Lindsay Tarpley-she in on this years women soccer team. She was on the last olympic soccer team that won gold. The city gave her a parade when she returned to Portage. Lindsay scored one of the two goals that won the 2004 olympics for the U.S. soccer team.

We have some others and even though he is not a native born Michigian we are also laying claim to Mark Phelps as he went to University of Michigan for four years.

I am extremely proud of all our atheletes.

2. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

3. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    i think texas has a boxer

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Kansas has Christian Smith, distance runner...he's from the same farming community that my mother grew up in.

5. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Oklahoma has a Gold metal for the most tobacco spit stains on a shirt, with the gold going to China for the most polluted air in olympic history,

6. wishin4chicken

wishin4chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2008
    Hayden Lake, Idaho
    No athletes but our nephew was the architectural design consultant on the Beijing stadium. He lived in Beijing for two years while working on it. [​IMG] We're so proud!

Go U.S.A.!

7. Nuggetsowner:)

Nuggetsowner:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Minnesota
    I know we have four or five people from Minnesota competing but I cannot tell you who they are or what sport.

What I can tell you is that the man that was attacked and killed there is from Minnesota. He and his wife were both attacked and she is still listed in critical condition. He was the CEO of Bachmans. The company is a floral and landscape supply wholesaler and retailer. Since we own a landscape company and my inlaws own a florist and greenhouse, we knew them. They were really good people. So sad!!

8. BJ

BJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2007
    Noblesville, IN (where I live now) sent David Boudia, a diver. This is his first olympics. He lives about 5 miles from me!!

9. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Tyson Gay, FASTEST MAN IN THE WORLD!! [​IMG]

10. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    I finally got my daughter to watch an event. It was Phelps winning his 3rd gold medal just a few minutes ago. She found it exciting. We had talked earlier this week and she was not interested at all in watching any of the Olympics. I am glad she watched the race with me. And then another. USA won both swimming events. She thought it was great.
    I have talked with a few young people who, like my daughter do not seem interested in the Olympics. I find this sad. And while I am not glued to the TV, I do enjoy watching them and would love to go see an event or two live. Wouldn't that be great Mary?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by