Anyone have new chicks coming?

JML72

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 31, 2012
After MONTHS of waiting they're supposed to hatch out/ship out today from MPC.
celebrate.gif
Anyone else in my boat??

After ALL the horror stories you read on here, I'm starting to be SURE that I'll do everything wrong - if they are even alive when they get here
ep.gif

Someone tell me I won't kill them all within 12 minutes
fl.gif

(fun with smiley faces!)

you wont! I was very nervous - and here I am 4 weeks later w healthy chicks.

be warned - i added 2 more to my flock - its easy to become a chicken hoarder!
lau.gif

Mine are shipping out from MPC today as well !!!! Also a nervous nelly after reading all the stories on here.

Please let us know how you make out, and I'll do the same, I'm figuring mine will arrive either tomorrow or wednesday:)

Thanks Megs. You're in Boston? They allow chickens? I'm out near Worcester. Where'd your chicks come from?

Mine were born on a Monday morning (5/21) and shipped out that afternoon.

Tuesday (5/22) just before noon Post Office called and all arrived alive and loud.

Out of the 9 BOs I figured I'd lose at least 2 from my stupidity.

They well be 2 weeks old tomorrow and all 9 are doing well.

I believe the horror stories are from a vocal minority. and from those that ordered in the dead of winter to be shipped to the South Pole
smile.png

Last edited:
LOL Lazy L. I agree with you - I know people tend to talk when they have something to complain about or ask for help because of a problem - it'd be a boring website if most of the posts were "everything's fine. Everything's great. The end." I think too much reading on here can be a bad thing sometimes...

Jakoda - where are you - where are they heading?

I do, but momma is helping them into the world. Today is day 21 and I have one out of seven so far!! My other White Leghorn hatched 8 and one did die. I don't know why, just found it dead the second day. Love watching momma tend her chicks! I also have 6 Delawares in a brooder, chicks are addicting
love.gif

picked up mine about an hour ago,,they left ohio at 3pm yesterday and arrived here in Old Lyme at 11am. A wild bunch of little chickies! No pasty butts, drinking and eating like hogs...I have one that isn't doing so well:( will post for some help in a new thread. So far VERY pleased , they are happy friendly and running around!
Diane

Back
Top Bottom