Anyone have Orpington x EE pictures?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by JayDe, Apr 20, 2010.

1. JayDe

JayDe Songster

Aug 5, 2009
    Lithia, FL
    My rooster was taken by a fox Friday and my husband, in his grief for his favorite boy, put 12 eggs in the incubator.

Some were another Orpington's, but most were our favorite EEs (she's grey and looks a lot like an Ameraucana, but is an EE for sure). The Orpington hasn't been laying as long, so I'm thinking that the EEs are probably going to be the ones that hatch.

I looked and couldn't find pics of the mix on the boards. Does anyone have any photos? Thanks!

2. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Its so hard to say with EE's as they are mixes and could be hiding any color....You could show us a picture of your EE's....And we can make an educated guess....

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  3. suzpyoung

suzpyoung Songster

Aug 12, 2008
    Temperance, MI
    I don't have any pics to share YET, but I just set a couple buff Orpington/splash Ameraucana eggs yesterday. I'll keep tabs on this post to see what results you get though.

My condolences to you and your hubby on the loss of your favorite roo. I have a black Silkie roo that I'm particularly attached to, and I know I'd be devastated if something were to happen to him.

4. jeffro29

jeffro29 Songster

Mar 1, 2009
    southeast nc
    All of our buff x ee mixes have come out buff with beards. Some have had color that was leaking through on their body. I dont think I have any pics of them grown but will see if I have some chick photos. jeff

5. JayDe

JayDe Songster

Aug 5, 2009
    Lithia, FL
    Thanks everyone for your responses. My EE that we collected eggs from is mostly blue. Here's a couple of photos..she has a little orangish shade in her body you can see in the 2nd picture. The rooster behind her is the roo we lost
    :
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd love to see pictures if anyone finds any!

6. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    this is a chick by an EE rooster and Buff Orpington hen

only 3 weeks old now its the one in front grooming it belly

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: