1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Anyone have pics of 20 wk BR roos?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lacymarie0526, Aug 15, 2008.

1. lacymarie0526

lacymarie0526 In the Brooder

Jul 18, 2008
    I have a BR but at this point we still arn't sure if its a roo or a hen so if i can see some pics that would help me!

Thanks

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member 11 Years

Well, here's a 16 week old BR cockerel, my boy Dutch. If you post pics, we can tell you. I usually know by 4 weeks old what I have on BRs. By 20 weeks, you would know if you had a rooster by the saddle, hackle and sickle feathers. And the boys are lighter than the girls.
    [​IMG]

Here is my Zane at about 18 weeks old.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  3. EllyMae

EllyMae Songster

Speckledhen(Cynthia), you always have such great pictures of your birds. I enjoy looking at them and comparing mine to yours. (I'm still learning)[​IMG]

4. speckledhen

Thank you, EllyMae. I do love my birds, especially my Barred Rocks.

5. Nuggetsowner:)

Nuggetsowner:) Songster

Aug 2, 2007
    Minnesota
    Wow Speckled Hen your birds are soo beautiful. I have three BR Pullets. They are quickly becoming favorites around here!!

lacymarie0526 I think you should post a pic. The people on this forum are good and can usually tell you in a short amt of time what gender your bird is if they have a pic to look at!!

6. EllyMae

EllyMae Songster

I just had a 5x7 printed of my roo, Mr. Bojangles, and have it framed in my kitchen, lol.
    I will try to get it loaded for lacymarie because I think he is just now 22 weeks.

7. speckledhen

I found one! I used to own a cockerel named Maverick. Here he is at 20 weeks exactly.
    [​IMG]

8. EllyMae

EllyMae Songster

wow, he really looks like my Mr. Bojangles. Does he make growling noises when he is "offended"?

9. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    Nice, handsome boys!!!

10. speckledhen

I sold Maverick right after that picture was taken. He was a real sweetie. His new owner was happy to get him for her two year old layer flock so she could hatch new layers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: