Anyone have pics of adolescent Dark Cornish Roos?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by ravenseye57, Jul 15, 2010.

1. ravenseye57

ravenseye57 Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2010
    Does anyone have any pics of adolescent dark cornish roos? I got 25 mixed roos and I'm trying to figure out which breeds I have. I'll have to try to get pics of each kind and post them with a cry for help. [​IMG] The only ones I'm sure of are the Light Brahmas. I have 4 hens too, so I'm thinking I will keep one of them and one of a different breed for my flock of 21 hens (or 22, there's one reddish chick of ?? breed that sure appears to be a hen so far despite a few colored feathers in her/his tail, perhaps the st run free rare/exotic is a hen or else maybe a sexing error). I'd like to know whos who so that I have time to think about which roos to keep. I'll be raising chicks mostly for meat since I have plenty of hens, so I thought a dark cornish roo might be good (I have two DC hens too). Even though I know it's not the same as the DC crosses they sell as meat birds, still they are a meaty breed. Three of my roo chicks look very much like my DC hen chicks, but with white in the wings.

2. MMPoultryFarms

MMPoultryFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    Okarche Oklahoma
    Gimme a bit to catch a few and i will post some for you.

3. MMPoultryFarms

MMPoultryFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    Okarche Oklahoma
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Hope these help.

4. LindsayB

LindsayB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    omg lol! You need to post the 3rd pic in the 'stink eye' contest! Too funny!

5. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    I really think they are nice birds!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by