anyone have pics of triangle shaped coops

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by blueseal, Apr 19, 2009.

1. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    looking for ideas.

2. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    go to Youtube and type in chicken tractor. There are several good examples there.

3. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    And gobs more here on BYC in the coop and run section.

4. mikecnorthwest

mikecnorthwest Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Vancouver, WA
    My Coop
    Go to google images and search as well.

5. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Use the 'search' utility (in blue bar higher up on this page) to search for "A-frame" in the coops section, you will find bazillions of threads.

Bear in mind they are not a very efficient way to build a coop -- do not really use meaningfully less materials than a box-shaped coop and give you less USABLE area for chickens than a box-shaped coop of same footprint or materials-list would give you. (Because of how the walls slant down, the edges are not highly usable by chickens...)

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

6. kycklingmamma

kycklingmamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Blueseal.

I have an A frame coop and I love it. You can see pics of it on my BYC page. I decided on the A frame because that is what a chicken coop is supposed to look like...I don't know why but that is how I feel. We needed something that can be very breezy and comfortable during the hot summers here in Texas and this was the one we came up with. Check it out and let me know what you think. It is fairly large 8' x 14' and it is 8' tall, I don't seem to lack the wallspace. I have an interior pic somehwere, not on my BYC page, if you would like I can see if I can find it for you.

Kycklingmamma

7. GardeNerd

GardeNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

8. thylton

thylton Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2011
    I know this is and old post, but am looking through this thread to get ideas for new coop. In the aboved post you mention pictures of your A-frame coop on your BYC page. How does one access your BYC page. I would love to see your pictures, like you I love A-frame coops.

thylton

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by