Anyone have pictures of baby Turkens?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by rebecca10782, Oct 7, 2008.

1. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    We just got one at 4 weeks, she is so cute. I didn't know they were born with bald necks. I want to see a new born! If anyone has pictures, please post them [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  2. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    They are cute, yes?

Here are pics of chicks only few hours old at the time pics were taken:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is a turken contest thread too- submit pics if you can!

BYC Turken contest!

3. BeakSanctuary

BeakSanctuary Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    SO cute!

Looking at them makes me laugh at the naive self I was when I got my first turkens from McMurray this spring. In fact, they were the first chickens I'd gotten in a while and I was thinking to myself, "What's wrong with these chickens?" [​IMG] I had myself talked into believing that they were regular chickens and didn't have feathers on their necks for some reason -- but "would". They were my 10 brown-egg layers, McMurray's choice. I love them now.

4. Kev

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Haha yeah, that's a common reaction, especially if they weren't expected, such as your situation or out of an mixed egg hatch.. Others love them for the little cap look they have.

My first order, I ordered only two pullets in a mix with a huge variety of breeds with the idea that if I didn't like them at least they would not get to breed.. should made the whole order just naked necks! [​IMG]

5. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    [​IMG]

and now...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Aww the're all so precious! [​IMG] [​IMG] I just got some pictures today of my little baby. I wish I got them the first night when they were only a month old, they were so ity bity [​IMG]

Here is Josephine
    She kept skwakin', I guess she wasn't in the mood to do a photoshoot [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Kev

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    She probably wanted to go to a beautician first before the photo shoot? [​IMG]

Wow, naked neck in Alaska.. now that's a bird that may need a scarf.... [​IMG]

8. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Funny, that's what most people think! But the breeder I got her from said they are very resilient in the cold weather and resistant to a lot of common diseases, like Cocci. When they're cold, they scrunch their necks down, and you can't tell them from a normal chicken. [​IMG]

9. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Okay, after looking at these pictures...is Midnight more naked than most??

[​IMG]

And, here is sunshine.

[​IMG]

10. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Aww! I love all the pictures! Definitely will be getting a few in the future! Too cute! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by