Anyone have pictures of Silver Ameraucanas

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by SusanJoM, Aug 8, 2008.

1. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm interested in seeing pictures of them somewhere around 8 weeks old.....
    you know, teenagers....

In fact, if you pictures of your teen Blacks and/or Blues, I'd like to see them, too.

There are pictures of chicks and pictures of adults at Feathersite, but it's the no-longer-young and not-yet-grown-up ones I'm interested in seeing.

Thanks.

Susan

2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

SusanJoM~ I think Ameraucanas go through an ugly teenager stage. They loose the baby fat fuzzy faces before getting their adult faces. I don't know how to describe it very well. I can take some pictures tomorrow. Pips&Peeps might have some pictures to share too. [​IMG] I don't have standard silvers though, only bantams in that color. I think I have some black teenagers that I can take pics of.

3. sara

sara Title Needed Here

i found these on my computer...

Here's one at about 10 weeks old:
    [​IMG]

This I think the same one at 6-8 weeks old:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. SusanJoM

Oh wonderful. Thanks, Sara.

I'm looking forward to you having eggs from those LF Lavendars !!!!!

Susan

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Oh sure, I'll be glad to share them. I wont have LF lavenders hatch until spring because my LF lav are both cockerels, so I have to breed them to the split chicks I hatched. Pips&Peeps may be ahead of me because I think she got a pullet. [​IMG]

6. SusanJoM

Quote:Well, that's probably a good thing as I already have at least twice as many chickens as I had planned on....

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Susan

7. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I think that's a typical problem [​IMG] I don't dare count mine. I figure as long as I don't acknowledge the number there isn't a problem. [​IMG] I know it's over a 100, but that's as far as I'll go. Of course I'll cull a lot once I go through them all.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  8. SusanJoM

Quote:Ah, well looks like you're in twice as much trouble as I am....

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by