anyone have pictures of there roosts im looking for ideas.

I'm going to try to do a lot of recycling/reusing of things for my hen house. My thought for creating roosting space was to find some straight back wooden chairs and screw a rounded 2x4 across the top. I'll screw them into the floor so they don't tip over. The actual seat is one place for them to sit and then the rail. My goal is to make the inside of the house look like a house, more for my own entertainment than for what they need!
big_smile.png

I think I'll cut out the seat and put a rail across where the seat was. It'll look like they're sitting in the chair but the poo will fall through to the bottom poo tray. I'll add hardware cloth across the bottom so they don't fall through.

I have open areas in my chicken cabin and needed roosts so I use sawhorses.
They work great, do not tip over and can be moved around for cleaning.
You can get a kit and make your own quite cheaply.

Here is the main one:
DCP_5743.jpg

Here is the other one;
DCP_9764.jpg

Here was the original poop pit, which was removed and the window became the door between the original coop and the addition, then the cleanout door:
DCP_2793.jpg

RearOpen.jpg

This is the roost shelf for the Blue Orpingtons:
DCP_1149.jpg

Cynthia...I love you pics. What great ideas. Told hubby that we'll use the hand railing he never put up and create the leaning roosting place like you did. I'd enclose under it so they can't get under.

Back
Top Bottom