Anyone have pictures of these?

Kessel23

Hi Bug
6 Years
Feb 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Hello guys, I recently ordered a batch of 8 peafowl from Stromberg's hatchery, it is an assortment and the hatchery gets to pick which birds they send me. They gave me a list of what colors I might get, I tried to search the different colors on google but google is horrible and kept giving me a ton of different random colors every search so I have no idea what these birds will look like... The list included 5 different colors the first two I know, Blue India and Pied. The other 3 colors I could not find on google, well i'm sure they came up but more than just them came up and I don't know what's what, anyways the other three are Purple, White shoulder, and Black shoulder. It would be awesome if you guys could show me some pictures of these birds, It is not like an emergency or anything, I would just like to have an idea of what they will look like when they are adults...

Here is a Purple cock. And a Purple Black Shoulder hen.
IMG_3294.JPG
IMG_3293.JPG

There are different lines of purple ... different qualities!
Some in the US look like the violet color found in Europe!

Even in the Blue Pied there are different qualities ... I think that very white Pied are more beautiful!

Ah, yeah, nooooo, there is no such thing as a 'White Shoulder' they must have had a typo or meant just plain White. BTW, you only listed two colors and three patterns.
:goodpost:
Screenshot 2018-02-11 at 8.12.00 AM.png

Here is the list from the site, they could mean just all white but they really made it seem like they meant "White Shouldered" by saying "White or Black Shouldered" maybe they just forgot to put a comma after white. The hatchery website also had just plane pied peafowl available, they provided this picture, I just assumed that this is the type of pied that they have
LIV-Pea-Fowl-Pied-MED.jpg

Also the Five colors they provided were Blue India, Pied, Purple, White I guess, And then Black shouldered. I know what Pied peafowl look like I know what Blue India looks like, and if that is White I also know what they look like. Someone already showed me good pictures of a Black shouldered but I still don't really know what a Purple looks like, I can see the pictures you guys sent me but is that just a plan Purple? The hatchery said Purple, not like Purple black shouldered or anything else. Just Purple

:goodpost:
View attachment 1261606
Here is the list from the site, they could mean just all white but they really made it seem like they meant "White Shouldered" by saying "White or Black Shouldered" maybe they just forgot to put a comma after white. The hatchery website also had just plane pied peafowl available, they provided this picture, I just assumed that this is the type of pied that they have
LIV-Pea-Fowl-Pied-MED.jpg

Also the Five colors they provided were Blue India, Pied, Purple, White I guess, And then Black shouldered. I know what Pied peafowl look like I know what Blue India looks like, and if that is White I also know what they look like. Someone already showed me good pictures of a Black shouldered but I still don't really know what a Purple looks like, I can see the pictures you guys sent me but is that just a plan Purple? The hatchery said Purple, not like Purple black shouldered or anything else. Just Purple

OK, you might start with reading the stickies listed above on the Peafowl Forum. Peas are noted by both color and pattern. There are getting to be many colors but there are only seven patterns and most of the colors are also available in most of the patterns. When someone says BS hen it is implied that it is IB, they don't always say IBBS but they should.

White is not a color, it is a pattern that erases the color. That list only offers two colors, IB is technically not a color but more of the recessive type of the original Wild pattern or Barred Wing being the same thing. Purple is the other color and I posted a pic of a Purple hen above for you.

So they are offering you IB's in IB, IBBS, IB Pied and White, and Purple in the Barred Wing or Wild Pattern.

Back
Top Bottom