Anyone have RIR/BO crosses?

armyturner

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 25, 2008
I have several different breeds of hens. My roo is a RIR. I am intrested in crossing him with my BOs. Does anyone have any pics of this cross?

I have some of this cross but I don't have any pics of them yet. MissPrissy I think is working on these also and I think she has some pics of them posted on here somewhere. I am hoping to create some Red Orphingtons out of this mix so I will be using the darker most Orphington looking ones and breeding them to each other untill I get what I'm looking for that breed true. I have some that came out looking just like buff orphs, some that are a darker red looking orph and some that are an in between looking color. I also used a RIR roo on Buff Orph hens.

Give it a try.

Jayare

Jayare's Chicks :

I have some of this cross but I don't have any pics of them yet. MissPrissy I think is working on these also and I think she has some pics of them posted on here somewhere. I am hoping to create some Red Orphingtons out of this mix so I will be using the darker most Orphington looking ones and breeding them to each other untill I get what I'm looking for that breed true. I have some that came out looking just like buff orphs, some that are a darker red looking orph and some that are an in between looking color. I also used a RIR roo on Buff Orph hens.

Give it a try.

Jayare

I am working on the same thing
smile.png
I can't wait to see what the end product is! I am so certain they will be beautiful!!!​

Back
Top Bottom