Anyone have RIR/BO crosses?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by armyturner, Jan 8, 2009.

1. armyturner

armyturner Out Of The Brooder

Nov 25, 2008
    I have several different breeds of hens. My roo is a RIR. I am intrested in crossing him with my BOs. Does anyone have any pics of this cross?

2. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    I have some of this cross but I don't have any pics of them yet. MissPrissy I think is working on these also and I think she has some pics of them posted on here somewhere. I am hoping to create some Red Orphingtons out of this mix so I will be using the darker most Orphington looking ones and breeding them to each other untill I get what I'm looking for that breed true. I have some that came out looking just like buff orphs, some that are a darker red looking orph and some that are an in between looking color. I also used a RIR roo on Buff Orph hens.

Give it a try.

Jayare

3. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Jayare's Chicks :

I have some of this cross but I don't have any pics of them yet. MissPrissy I think is working on these also and I think she has some pics of them posted on here somewhere. I am hoping to create some Red Orphingtons out of this mix so I will be using the darker most Orphington looking ones and breeding them to each other untill I get what I'm looking for that breed true. I have some that came out looking just like buff orphs, some that are a darker red looking orph and some that are an in between looking color. I also used a RIR roo on Buff Orph hens.

Give it a try.

Jayare

I am working on the same thing [​IMG] I can't wait to see what the end product is! I am so certain they will be beautiful!!!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by