Anyone have silkie chicks f/s in Mn or Nd

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Bantymama, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Bantymama

Bantymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    MN
    Im not having luck hatching shipped silkie eggs. Iam looking for blue, splash, white, black, and buff. Most people don't ship chicks so im trying to find some one close to me. I would rather buy from a breeder then a hatchery. Or if any one ships chicks let me know. Thanks Linda

2. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    Hey Linda,
    What part of MN are you in? I am in Iowa and will probably have some extras. I have about 15 silkies right now and have another 14 in the bator and 7 showgirl eggs too. If anything I can alway meet you a little closer to MN and give you eggs if you want tp try to hatch this summer. The 15 or so should start laying this spring. Let me know if you dont find any sooner. I have white, red, gray, calico, black, and a couple blacks with collars of either silver and gold. I go to Charles City every other weekend to get my daughter. I think it is about 2 hours from the MN boarder. Jenn

3. Bantymama

Bantymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    MN
    I would be interested in the black and white ones. I will be going to Clear Lake hopfully with in the next month. I need to get my call ducks from my parents farm. Are you selling any that are in the bator now? I do get down that way 3 to 4 times a year. I have hauled chickens back and forth a few times and they all fare the trip well.

4. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    I will certainly be willing to sell most of the blacks and probably the whites, those are my least favorite colors..lol One of the whites is a roo for sure and has been breeding the hens with him. I will probably sell some of the babies, I just have to see what ends up hatching and thier colors. I might be able to meet you in Mason City at the Mills ( I think that was what it was called) By the Target or fair grounds. I will have to wait until it gets closer. I would certainly take some call duck eggs if they start laying before then..[​IMG] Send me a PM and we can work things out. Jenn

5. bazeven

bazeven New Egg

Mar 13, 2008
    Jenn,

I am in Western Iowa, and would like to know if you have any (4-8) hens that are already (or close to) laying eggs for a summer project for the kids. We won't have time to start with chicks this spring. Please let me know if you have anything available. I can't have Roosters in town, so we're just looking for egg laying hens.

Where are you located in Iowa?

Thanks & God Bless!

Brad Z

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by