Anyone have Silky Ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by secretquail, Jul 25, 2010.

1. secretquail

secretquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    I found these little ducks while surfing the web. Does anyone have these? Holderread sells them, so it isn't a fluke! They are tiny little fluffy ducks that don't fly! I am in LOOOOVE! I'm wondering about how loud they are. It says they are both good layers AND good mothers! ME WANT!

2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I used to have them...but I had hardiness issues with him and they didn't lay very well. They're not as silky as like a silkie chicken...just a little fluffy. Mine were about as loud as Calls and kind of skiddish but not too bad. I'd really like to try them again or maybe get some BEI's--since I think those are BEAUTIMUS! [​IMG]

3. secretquail

secretquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    ugh. ok, love affair is dead [​IMG] Can't do loud here. Rules in my hood say we can only have dogs and cats, so loud wouldn't swing. Maybe I'll think about getting some different types of boys though...[​IMG]

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Muscovies are the only quiet ducks I've ever found....and since we have geese--calls wouldn't be so bad! [​IMG]

5. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    I have 3 male silky ducks and they don't make a peep. I am not sure about the females..I only have luck at hatching males [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by