1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone have Silver Spangled Hamburg Eggs for Sale?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by crazychickengirl, Jul 22, 2008.

1. crazychickengirl

crazychickengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Glenmont, Ohio
    I'm looking for some silver spangled hamburg eggs. I bought a hen at a swap last month and wanted to find a roo for her to breed with. I bought one as a chick at a hatchery and a week later it died. Then I found a bantam pair at a swap last weekend....and well, my roo was around for a whole day before he disappeared. It's been two days since then, so I'm assuming he's not coming back. Anyways...I don't really want to spend a ton of money on them, but I'd really like to buy 9-12 eggs to hatch out. I prefer the standard size.

2. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    wow- too bad you're in ohio-(I'm in NJ.)I've got a SSH Roo who runs around my backyard,,,like a scaredy cat watchdog...and 3 SSH hens in my mixed flock (in the big pen.) I'd put them together if I had a free small pen for them and then have pure eggs in a month, or sell him to someone local....I want to freerange my birds, but have 2 Roos who rule our yard (well, they don't rule it, but they sure do follow all of us around like little lap puppies.) I didn't want 5 roos in my pen with the hens- they are too bare backed already with the 3 who are in there. If I ever do put the 4 of them together in their own pen, I'll get back to you...and sell eggs for sure.
    Lisa

3. crazychickengirl

May 20, 2008
    Glenmont, Ohio
    Yes, please let me know! I'd love to have some!

4. playingchicken

playingchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2008
  5. crazychickengirl

May 20, 2008
    Glenmont, Ohio
    Thanks so much! I have emailed someone about eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by