Anyone have Sultans....from Ideal??

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by IwannaBEaMERMAID, Dec 30, 2009.

1. IwannaBEaMERMAID

IwannaBEaMERMAID Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2009
    Beverly Hills, CA
    i want to see what quality they are [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  2. Tonopah Pati

Tonopah Pati Rest in Peace 1938-2011

Mar 24, 2009
    Tonopah, Arizona
    [​IMG]

This is Louie-Lu-Li, I got him from a feed store. I don't know what hatchery they use. All the chicks I have purchased from them are very nice and true to the breed.

[​IMG].

I want to get him some pullets that look like him. The flock mates have started to pick at his feet until he bleeds. They gang up on him. I had to remove him and give him a cage for now.

3. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

He's absolutely adorable. I just wanna give him a hug. [​IMG] If I was allowed more roosters...

4. Tonopah Pati

Mar 24, 2009
    Tonopah, Arizona
    http://www.cacklehatchery.com/whitesultanpage.html Here is another hatchery that sells the sultan. The photos they have of them look pretty good. I will order 5 pullets. I might have to order first run. [​IMG] For sure I will get him some girls of his own kind.

5. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Just a warning, most hatcheries get pictures of the actual breed, but the pictures don't tend to belong to them, and are not of their stock. I've seen some of Cackle's Sultans and most don't look like the pictures. I've learned over the years never go by hatchery pics on a limb. Just thought you should know. I think there's a thread on here of Cackle's Sultans.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Mermaid. [​IMG]

6. Tonopah Pati

Mar 24, 2009
    Tonopah, Arizona
    Thank you for the heads up. What about Purley Poultry?

7. IwannaBEaMERMAID

Oct 28, 2009
    Beverly Hills, CA
    i think im gonna take a risk and get three from ideal......HOPE THERE GOOD

8. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I had a hen, but she passed away year before last during a very hot summer. So take care that you keep them cool. [​IMG] This guy free ranged for about 3 years up until I sold him this past December. Both came from Ideal Hatchery.

[​IMG]

9. IwannaBEaMERMAID

Oct 28, 2009
    Beverly Hills, CA
    hope your female looked as good as your male [​IMG]

10. txchickie

txchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    I ordered 2 bantam sultans from Ideal, both turned out to be roos [​IMG]

But they are as cute as they can be and live down at my FIL's with my other roosters. One got stepped on by a horse a few months ago and walks a little funny, but they're both nearly 8-9 months old now and doing well!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by