Anyone have the Fein Multimaster power tool?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by NancyDz, May 9, 2009.

1. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    I just saw an infomercial on one and it looks awesome for chicken coop building...

Just wondering if anyone has one and what they thought of it? They are @$400
    and of course the commercial's always make them look great but what's the real
    story?

Thanks

Nancy

2. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Murray Kentucky
    Looks like a glorified sander to me.. I'll pass.. I've got a pile of tools that maybe cost me $20 each? which do the same thing.

3. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Well it does more than sand, cuts through metal and wood. I have a chop saw but when it comes to cutting doors, and getting in tight places.. this looks good. I wasnt even interested in the sanding feature as I rarely have a use for that. It also doesnt vibrate like other tools since it oscillates . For a female... thats huge, power tools are more difficult for us to hold onto because of the vibration and circular motion so that's another thing that appealed to me.
    It's been around for 20 years.. I'm looking more for a comment from someone that has one and uses it.

Thanks

4. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Murray Kentucky
  5. spottedtail

spottedtail Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Minnesota
    $400 for that!!!???
    I guess infomercials are going for the BIG KILL nowdays..[​IMG]

For the most part, multi-purpose tools are junk.
    Get the specific-task tools instead.
    For $400 you could get some nice quality tools!
    Let someone else waste big money on gimmicks.

Infomercials should be illegal.

Good luck,
    spot

6. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    My BIL has the tool (hes a carpenter) and likes it. DH used it but didn't excite him too much especially after I found out the price. Since we do floors, we already have most of the tools that it consists of.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by