Anyone have this type of chinese?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by muus, Sep 2, 2014.

1. muus

muus Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2013
    Hey
    I did an experiment and I get what I want!!!
    I have manipulated the egg to have a different colour of the chinese geese and.....I HAVE A GREY CHINESE!!!!!
    I was looking for photos on the net to see if anyone have this geese in grey, but I didn't find anything.
    He is named Agus and have 7 weeks(in the photo 6), he isn't tame like his brother and sisters, but the colour is incredible.
    Because it goes from the grey to the brown.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    It's a bit hard to see the difference in the photos because of the bad quality, but when I compare them they have a big difference.
    Agus is in the left.
    [​IMG]
    This is his brother, you can se that he is brown.
    [​IMG]
    The front ones are his sisters and the other is his brother. You can see the only moorhen that I have now.
    Thanks

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Gorgeous goslings muus, how'd you do it?

3. livininbrazil

livininbrazil Chillin' With My Peeps

Muus, if I remember rightly, the blue gene is in Asiatics, which is where the steinbacher gets its colour from. Do a search for blue chinese. [​IMG]

4. livininbrazil

Muus´ gosling looks the same colour as my auto-sexing females. Very pretty, Muus.

5. servpolice

servpolice Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Ireland
    I heard (saw) steinbacher!
    And i had that colour too (i could be wrong)
    But mine was a African/Chinese and his feathers were a lot lighter then my brown Africans.But when older they will look nearly same age;). That was my experience but that is mine but yours might be even lighter grey !

6. servpolice

servpolice Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Ireland
    I will get that blue colour!

7. muus

Dec 16, 2013
    My father, years ago told me that when he was young, he painted the chiken eggs with coal and the chicks the hatch with the black spots or lines, I was impressed about that fact.
    And this year I wanted to try, my first goslings, they hatch with that spots in the down, I was amazed but I never could see their feathers...I try it with mallards, but I have a dark mallards and they don't got any colour(I think, now I'm analyzing the males that are changing their feathers and I see some stuff that makes me keep guard) and finally the chinese geese. The egg of Agus was painted completlyleaving unpainted the two poles. When he hatched, was a bit different of their brown brothers, and I thought that could work the charcoal. Definetly, the charcoal worked and my goose is being grey. Now I only need to wait a couple weeks to see how all his body is getting grey and let you se more photos about it.
    I animate you to try it, it isn't dangerous for the embryo for what I know. I need to say that I bought 10 eggs and they hatched 4, but I don't have a good incubator(It gives me problems with the themperature, the humidity and delays the hatches 2 or 3 days.....
    The only thing that have me concerned is that maybe he will have angel wings, their wings are going out of the body and the diference between the brothers is noticeable....
    And that is how I get a grey goose, use coal or charcoal!
    Thanks

8. livininbrazil

No, the grey or blue is because of its genes. Last year there were people painting their eggs, and the goslings didn´t come out different colours to normal. And if it has angel wing, just wrap it before the feathers grow too big, and it should be ok.

9. muus

Dec 16, 2013
    That is your opinion, but the person who I bought the eggs haven't got any grey chinese, only browns and whites.
    If you read all, you can see that other goslings have hatched with different colours when I painted them. I say that my goose is grey because of the charcoal because his brother, was painted but not to much, and have down with diferent colour. They greylags were painted too and the marks of the charcoal where on the down.
    Thanks

10. livininbrazil

OK

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by