Anyone have trouble with the Hova-Bator incubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gronsk, Jul 24, 2013.

1. gronsk

gronsk Chirping

Aug 17, 2010
    SE MA
    I had a Hova-bator for at least 25 years with easy great results. Last summer, in the middle of a hatch, it finally died. I bought the new Hova-bator with air circulation and an egg turner, just under $90 plus the cost of the turner. I have not had 1 successful hatch out of 5 or 6 since last summer. I kept thinking I was doing something wrong-perhaps the thermometer, so I bought a pricy one.My June hatch, 3 chicks out of 48, they were very late, making me think it was the thermometer. All the dead chicks were so close to hatching, so sad, full grown chicks dead in the shell. The same flock gave me 2 good hatches last summer in the old incubator. I have gone through the troubleshooting lists and conclude it is a bad incubator. IT WAS ALWAYS SO EASY WITH THE OLD ONE!
    Jeffers has offered to replace it for a reduced cost. So what do all of the eggsperts think?

2. gronsk

gronsk Chirping

Aug 17, 2010
    SE MA
    Well both the seller, Jeffers, and the Hova Bator manufacturer think the problem is with me. Success with my old Hova-bator and suddenly no success with the new incubator. I should have listened to the forum and switched to Brinsea. This incubator was 1 day past warrantee.
    I am disappointed with these companies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by