Anyone have trouble working the BYC auction system for buying eggs?

Me & Jack

Songster
10 Years
May 31, 2009
NC
I just agreed to pay for my auction amount but there is no other info available to tell me where and how to send the payment. The seller's inbox is too full and not accepting new messages. Wondering what typically happens. Do I wait for her to contact me, I wonder?

I tried repeatedly to send her a message but keep getting shot down by the system, which says her inbox is too full and won't take my message. Not sure what to do. Sit and wait for her to make her move?

I've only done one auction, and the seller had sent me a PM within 5 minutes of the auction ending.

I do know that it's sometimes possible to send a direct email (NOT PM) to people here. I'm assuming that if you look up the user, they'll have a "email" button as well as a "PM" button. I got an email directly from a member here a couple days ago, didn't go through BYC at all. Maybe try looking up the user and see if they have an email link?

The seller might also be out of town for the holidays or busy with holiday busy-ness (which would account for the mailbox being full). I'm sure they will contact you (since they will, of course, want their money).
smile.png

I am unsure if the last post went though... I am also going to be selling some eggs so I am going to follow this thread as I need to learn how to use the system to do the sale.. I also want to buy some hatching eggs, but I have been a bit afraid funds are so tight right now I am just hoping to maybe sell some and use the funds for some other eggs....good luck and please keep us posted...what kind of eggs did you say you were getting?

My excitement got the best of me. I heard from the seller the next day and the eggs (Silkies) are on their way. Can't wait! Can't wait!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom