Anyone have Urch - Turnland Jersey Giants?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by exop, Jun 3, 2011.

1. exop

exop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I missed my chance to add a few on to my order this spring, and wonder what you think of them. I know Duane Urch has judged the Jersey Giant club nationals, so I imagine he takes his own stock pretty seriously.

Anyone have pictures?

Best - exop

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  2. exop

Jan 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Anyone... anyone? ...Bueller?

3. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    He spells that Buehler [​IMG]
    Old joke around here [​IMG] I can tell you that he is done hatching chicks for the year but may have older stock for sale. I have no idea about his Giants..not my breed but I know he has some real nice stock.

4. exop

Jan 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Thanks for the input! I guess I called on you by name... [​IMG] ...even if I spelt it wrong.

Yes, I've been real impressed with the other breeds I have bought from him. I have a small group of Jersey Giants from someone else and have come to the conclusion that I need to add some blood from an outside source if I want to get rid of their weak tail... an Urch bird seems like it would be a good choice.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  5. Indiana farm chick

Indiana farm chick Out Of The Brooder

Nov 21, 2010
    Wawaka, Indiana
    What color Jerseys are you raising? Do you have adult stock for sale? I'm in NE Indiana and have two blue hens from Southern Indiana stock. I'd like to get another blue or maybe a black hen. I don't care if they have weak tails!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by