Anyone have Welsummer Pics??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by FluffyChickenMama, Sep 3, 2007.

1. FluffyChickenMama

FluffyChickenMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2007
    Tennessee
    I purchased Welsummers from Welp Hatchery. Although I wasnt expecting show quality I was expecting something close to what they are suppose to look like.. After searching the net Im thinking my chickens arent anywhere close.. I dont know what they are.. I will try and get a camera to get some pics on here for some help. In the meantime if any of you any guys have pics of your Welsummers of any age I would appreciate it. (Mine are 2mths old)..

Renae

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] This is the pic of the Welsummer pullet at four months old.

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    This one is almost eight months old and sibling to above pullet....

[​IMG]

4. pricem11

pricem11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2007
    Pittsboro, NC
    One of my hens at 20 weeks:

[​IMG]

5. FluffyChickenMama

Jun 13, 2007
    Tennessee
    Thanks so much for the pics.. my little pullets DO NOT look like that.. they are about 2 mths old and have a spotted chest.. (like a speckled sussex) but thats the only part of them thats spotted. Im so disappointed... I really wanted some pretty Welsummers..

Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Call the hatchery and complain to them that you did not order those speckled birds.....

7. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007
    Well, they kind of look like Welsummers. Check them out on www.poultrymad.com.uk. Maybe they are subject to local interpretation.

Rufus

8. wren

wren Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    Rufus I can't get that link to work. Frustrating.

9. FluffyChickenMama

Jun 13, 2007
    Tennessee
    oh no.. I went out yesterday and looked them over from head to toe very well and these are definitely Speckled Sussex.. I contacted the Hatchery and they are sending me a refund... I told them I would rather have the Welsummers and they said they couldnt ship 7 birds because they would die in route.. dont really believe that but ok.. maybe this spring I can order some from Meyer or Ideal.. or maybe I will try hatching eggs again..

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  10. pricem11

pricem11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2007
    Pittsboro, NC
    You might try Idealpoultry.com. They have Welsummer pullets in stock--that's where I got mine. During hot weather, I think they would probably ship 7 peeps if you asked. Their customer service is very good.

Mark

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by