1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone hear from Sourland George??

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by redhen, Nov 3, 2011.

1. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I'm getting worried... [​IMG]

2. ODS-n-ENS FARM

ODS-n-ENS FARM Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    NH
    Oh I hope he is ok! Hopefully they just have not gotten the internet back yet. I do enjoy his posts. [​IMG]

3. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    [​IMG]

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    He is missed!

5. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Chillin' With My Peeps

With winter temps what they are, I sure hope his Princess and Himself are safe and warm... I hardly know him but I sure enjoy his point of view.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    I have not heard from him since the night of the storm. He said trees were falling and laying across his house and powerlines. I hope he is ok. [​IMG]

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I know! I'm worried.. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Not good [​IMG]

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Wendy, I'm back and all is fine. There is a BIG tree on the roof and we were without power for 5.5 days. Quote for removal of the tree plus another in the front yard is $2,500. Insurance will cover part of that plus any damages. So far we are experiencing no leaking. After day 2 we managed to get a motel room (Sourland smelled real bad. [​IMG]). Power came back on this AM and the cable shortly thereafter. Borrowed a generator to run the sump pumps and freezer and refrigerator - Sourland blew his back [​IMG] trying to get the generator on the porch but a little pain is a good thing? All in all it could have been a lot worse.

10. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] Just PM'd you before I found this thread. I guess 2 feet of snow WON'T get me some "down time" huh?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by