Anyone hear of a "critter sale" in Manatee county Florida

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by jdywntr, Aug 22, 2011.

1. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    There was an add on Tampa's craigslist for a "critter sale" this saturday. It says

SMALL ANIMAL AUCTION SATURDAY AT 6 PM AND EVERY SECOND AND FOURTH SATURDAYS OF THE MONTH LOCATED AT INTERSECTION OF CR675 AND SR64 AT LAKE MANATEE IN EASTERN BRADENTON.BUY AND SELL CHICKENS, GOATS, DUCKS, SWINE, CAGES, ETC. WE WILL BE TAKING CONSIGNMENTS STARTING AT NOON ON SALE DAY.

Is anyone familiar/been to this? I have some ducklings that I need to sell.

2. tigercreek

tigercreek Chillin' With My Peeps

I know some folks that live out that way, I'll ask for you! .....stan

3. jdywntr

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Thanks alot. I have 8 runner ducklings that I need to sell just wondering if anyone knows anything about it. Its about 1.5 hours south so if not reputable, I wouldn't want to make the trip.

4. tigercreek

tigercreek Chillin' With My Peeps

I just got a reply from our friends out that way:

"I have not been to the auction, but have seen where it is located-literally at the corner of 64 & 675 (south). It used to be a grove stand, I had seen adds on CL for it and recently saw a sign there for auction and saw cages, etc. Will check to see if anyone around here has been."

If I hear anything more I'll let you know, but I would think you would be better off giving them away than driving 3 hours, them maybe getting very little from the auction. Best of luck with them. We are facing the same decision with some Ameracuanas and a few Barred Rock cockerels. Thinking about driving up to Nava's swap in Ocala on the 3rd of Sept, but just don't know if it is worth the effort. ..........stan

5. jdywntr

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Thanks. I know exactly what you mean. I was thinking of going to Nava's swap too. Thats even further. Ugh.

6. FlChickie

FlChickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    Citrus County, Florida
  7. jdywntr

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Thanks but no thats not it.
    This one is in Manatee County on the central west coast. I was PM'd by someone who was familiar and said I probably shouldn't bother as it is an auction and they had seen chicks go for 25 cents each. That would be a major waste of time and gas.

Thank you though. I am keeping my fingers crossed now that I know the sex of half of them that I can sell them locally. If not, off to one of the swaps I go.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by