Anyone Heard From Holderread Today?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Oregon Blues, May 9, 2011.

1. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    My ducklings were supposed to ship today and I was told I'd get an email when they were shipped.

I've heard nothing. Has anyone received an email about their ducks being shipped? I'm wondering if my ducks didn't go out or if they just didn't send emails to anyone.

2. Rosebud 18

Rosebud 18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    middle Tn
    They told me the same thing when I ordered mine. I didn't get an e-mail so I e-mailed them the next day to see if they had been shipped and they then e-mailed me back that they had been shipped the day before. That was 3 weeks ago today (the 18th) and I received them on wednesday (the 20th). So e-mail them and they will let you know.

3. coptop89

coptop89 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2010
    S.E. Iowa
    They ship on Mondays AND Tuesdays...so maybe tomorrow insead??? But like Rosebud said...doesn't hurt to email them just to be sure.

4. azhenhouse

azhenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    North Eastern Arizona
    I got my email today. My ducklings will be here no later than Wednesday. I had such a bad experience with my very first order of ducklings, they all died, that I get really nervous about having any shipped to me. Unfortunately, this is the only way I can get the breed of ducks I want. It's the opening of the box to see if they are alive that gets to me. Yuk! The original hatchery replaced the order for me, and the ducklings are doing great. They are 11 week old Welsh Harlequins. My order coming from Holderreads will have six Saxony, and four more Harlequins ducklings. It will be interesting to compare the two different flocks of Harlequins, as they are coming from two different breeders. Well, say a little prayer for me that all will arrive safe and healthy.

5. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    excited for you all! I still have a month to wait for mine to ship [​IMG]

6. azhenhouse

azhenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    North Eastern Arizona
    Quote:Love your avatar.

7. Sachasmom

Sachasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    Upstate NY
    I've had three shipments from Holderreads this season (They split my order up, at first I was like I would have liked them all the same age, but it worked out okay)

I got emails before every shipment, the last one shipped on a Tues and I had it the next day.

Everything arrived alive and healthy, there are a couple runts (I ordered a LOT of ducks, I think 90 in total?) and even those are healthy. I didn't have any losses at all, and I
    expected a few. I even almost killed one Runner and that made a complete turnaround and is healthy and active. They're young yet, but so far I'm happy with the quality of them too.

I had to seperate out my Khaki Campbells and Cayugas in my last shipment from the larger meat breed ducks (I ordered a bargain assortment that shipped with Cayugas) because
    the larger ducks were not letting the others eat, so they looked smallish but they bounced right back after less than a week.

8. KansasKid

KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    Last week i received an email monday that they had been sent and received all 10 of my ducklings alive wednesday.

9. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    Quote:Love your avatar.

Thanks [​IMG] That is Peepers, my lone snowy mallard. Gonna be an inside duck along with the silky ducks I am expecting from holderreads [​IMG]

10. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    Has anyone had success on the east coast with this hatchery? I've been eyeballing some more Saxony ducks and they carry them. But I'm worried about that distance in shipping. I may try one or two more batches of eggs, but depending on what I end up with, I might switch to them next Spring for the instant gratification of ducklings.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by