Anyone heard of "country acres feed company"?

neilgal

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 19, 2010
Las Vegas
Not that I have too many choices where I live, but since I can't find any information about this company, I would like to know a little more about them and their quality if anyone familiar with them.
We have only two feed stores in our city and the only brand for layers they carry is "home grown" manufacture by "country acres feed company".

I've been feeding my horses Country Acres Complete pellets for years. I didn't even know they made feed for chickens, so I can't speak to that, but I do like their horse feed. I have a friend that feeds his dogs their dog feed too, and is very happy with it.

We've fed their horse feed several times, they've done good on it, no complaints. Husband raises and uses Cow dogs, so we go through a lot of dog food for them, and I wouldn't recomend their low protien dog food, they go to crap on it, even the ones that didn't get worked as often, their higher protien is ok, we usually mix it with a more expensive brand and they hold on it and do well, but I wouldn't waste money on the low protien one. I didn't know they had chicken feed either, our feed store carries the CA horse and dog but I've never seen anything but the purina chicken feeds.

Quote:
It's actually a division of Land O'Lakes that bought out the livestock feed side of Purina. I've switched over to Home Grown brand which is from Country Acres/Purina. For years I fed our local mills chicken feed and the switched over to Purina Sunfresh recipe several years ago.....still not sure why I did that. I've switched back because I want my chickens to have animal protein and it's also cheaper.

Last edited:
Do you feed Country Acres Livestock Feed to your chickens? Or do they make a chicken food? Our local feed store sells Country Acres Livestock only. Is the chicken feed cheaper than Purina Mills?

Back
Top Bottom