Anyone here a Veterinarian or vet tech??? **UPDATE**

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by lurky, Apr 11, 2009.

1. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I have a cat issue i would like some input on if so [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  2. charliesgirl

charliesgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    MN
    what is the problem? i am rooming with a couple vet techs so we might be able to help if we put our minds and experience together [​IMG]

3. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I'll post a pic that shows the problem. He is old, and thin from a thyroid condition. We dont know how old because he was a stray we found in 1999. Vet estimated him at 4 then so approx 14. He shows no other symptoms but what you see in the pic. I dont know why something like this would happen. I hope you or someone else might know why this would happen. it got a little worse after this pic was taken [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    ooh Lurkey! that looks bad! poor kitty! it looks like some sort of hemorrhage?

5. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Quote:The only suffering the cats seems to experience is when we pin him down for pics [​IMG]
    He otherwise does not seem to know its different from any other day.
    I just hope to find out why something like this would just happen........and WHY is it always on a weekend that this stuff happens???? [​IMG]

6. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    lol..its the law...emergencies can only happen on a holiday weekend here! hope you find out what it is...where that amazondoc person? i think shes a vet...maybe??

7. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    In people, a simple burst blood vessel can sometimes cause this, and it resolves on its own; there is really no treatment unless there is some sign of infection or pain. And there is often neither in people.

8. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Quote:Thank you Dawn [​IMG] He really seems fine/not in discomfort. So i hope thats all it is.

9. bUg_Farm

bUg_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    On a mountain
    Unless of course it's a detached retina. I would imagine any sudden bleeding like that should be checked. You may not choose to make it an emergency on a holiday weekend - but may want to make a call on Monday morning.

Good luck.

10. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    what about the deerfield vet you told me about when my cats eye was real bad? are they open now? ooh, and thanks for telling me about that place! i had to bring my Dane there one night when we thought he was bloating...they were awesome!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by