lurky

Songster
12 Years
Jun 4, 2007
Western MA
I have a cat issue i would like some input on if so
fl.gif

Last edited:
what is the problem? i am rooming with a couple vet techs so we might be able to help if we put our minds and experience together
big_smile.png

I'll post a pic that shows the problem. He is old, and thin from a thyroid condition. We dont know how old because he was a stray we found in 1999. Vet estimated him at 4 then so approx 14. He shows no other symptoms but what you see in the pic. I dont know why something like this would happen. I hope you or someone else might know why this would happen. it got a little worse after this pic was taken
sad.png

027.jpg

Quote:
The only suffering the cats seems to experience is when we pin him down for pics
big_smile.png

He otherwise does not seem to know its different from any other day.
I just hope to find out why something like this would just happen........and WHY is it always on a weekend that this stuff happens????
barnie.gif

lol..its the law...emergencies can only happen on a holiday weekend here! hope you find out what it is...where that amazondoc person? i think shes a vet...maybe??

In people, a simple burst blood vessel can sometimes cause this, and it resolves on its own; there is really no treatment unless there is some sign of infection or pain. And there is often neither in people.

Unless of course it's a detached retina. I would imagine any sudden bleeding like that should be checked. You may not choose to make it an emergency on a holiday weekend - but may want to make a call on Monday morning.

Good luck.

what about the deerfield vet you told me about when my cats eye was real bad? are they open now? ooh, and thanks for telling me about that place! i had to bring my Dane there one night when we thought he was bloating...they were awesome!!

Back
Top Bottom