Anyone here from N.E. Georgia?

barefootchef

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 7, 2009
N.E. Georgia
I'm in Jefferson and am wondering if anyone here is near me...
big_smile.png

barefootchef

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 7, 2009
N.E. Georgia
I actually Chef here at home. I came about the barefootchef name one day when I was taking some culinary art classes at a culinary art school in MS where my husband was teaching for a semester (he is a cell biologist). I had my neighbors over and I wore my chef's jacket, hat, jeans and was barefoot. When my neighbors arrived for their meal, I tried to say in my best Wolfgang Puck voice... "Velcome from zee barefoot chef". I liked the idea of cooking casually and having a great meal. It has just stuck and I use it as my username where ever I go.

I've taken many cooking courses from chef's in New Orleans (lived there for over 20 years) and enjoy cooking. My specialty is really New Orleans cuisine. I make a killer gumbo and awesome shrimp Creole. The shrimp Creole I actually do as a chicken creole for those that are allergic to seafood and it can also be done vegetarian style with tofu instead of any meat.

Making a roux is a specialty of mine. Most that aren't from the N.O. area make their roux's too light. The roux is so important to the flavor of the dish. I have a blog and did a bit on chicken Creole. Hoping this takes you to the correct page: http://barefootchef.blogspot.com/se...-max=2009-01-01T00:00:00-05:00&max-results=32 just scroll to the bottom. I was just beginning to learn how to use my blog. I really need to do one on gumbo and other things. It really just takes a bunch of time. Let me know what you think!

Would really like to get to know some chicken people here near me.

--Cathy

porteryork

Songster
11 Years
May 9, 2008
Clarkesville, GA
Wow! I do so know my roux is too light. I do love me some Cajun food. There is a New Orleans guy at the restaurant across from mine and he says my Eggs Benedict is the best he has had since New Orleans.

I would love to talk to you about a project I am working on right now.

Auntbeast

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
Rabun County, GA
I'm about as far north and as far east as you can go and still be in Georgia. I'm a bit north of Sky Valley. My neighbor is in North Carolina and my house used to have NC address and phone #.

We just moved here from Florida, like everyone else here.

THunter

Songster
10 Years
Apr 30, 2009
Poultry Capital of the World
I'm in Braselton. Jefferson is not too far to go to get in on a little of that New Orleans cooking. Just let me know when it's ready and the family and I will be right over.
wink.png

Last edited:

barefootchef

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 7, 2009
N.E. Georgia
Auntbeast, that area of Georgia is some beautiful!

THunter, if you can stand a house that is in the demo/fix up/ restore process, you and your family are welcome!

key west chick, where is the place you are talkin' about?

Top Bottom