Anyone here have experience killing ringworm??

LivingFate

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 18, 2008
I adopted a kitten awhile back and now everything and everyone has ringworm. Everyone is either on topical or oral and I've been bleaching everything I can't seem to get rid of it. Any ideas that work?

You have my sympathy. I got ringworm a couple of years ago. It was nearly impossible to get rid of. Between the constant washing of everything I touched, the oral medication, the topical medication and more than a month razor free, I finally got rid of it. I still check my armpits every time I take a shower, just in case. The only advice I can give is to keep on trying, eventually you'll win.

Its IMPOSSIBLE to get rid of! I have 3 dc under 5yrs, you know how impossible it is to have the kids not share things, wash up etc, 2 dogs, 2 cats, rabbits, us. I have all the poor animals isolated now trying to get a hold on this, throwing things out, bleaching, tea tree oil, acv, topicals, orals, agh!!!! No secret weapons huh?

Yes i had in my 20 cats plus ( i have stays and drop offs And my own perians And himmys
1 bleach where the cats stay
2 Get Mane tail groom or M-T-G as it called it does work even on people
or get seach ring worm and they have things that do work but i found that Mtg works on most pets and people and it cheap $15 for 32 ozs and i have yet to over a half a bottle on all my cats
And plus i kept it way from my dogs using this i blieve as none my pricey chows (LOL) or mutts came down with it
And i also found that the oral things that you take it takes longer to get rid of it (now this based on my own crew and take this as you will i am not a vet or doctor)

Good luck
and i will tell you i got rid in less then 2 weeks using only this and bleach once as i hate the smell of bleach
Please pm if you have any questions i can even pm you my phone if you have any questions want anwered i will try at least

Quote:

Wildwoodchickens-

What exactually is Mane tail groom or M-T-G? Can it be used on people or just animals?

I adopted a cat that had it so bad it was almost bald. Go to the vet! There is a pill but most vets in my area don't carry it. I called and called and finally found it. It is very effective. I wrap it in cream cheese and the cat gobbles it down. They can treat it with a cream but I found that my cats just lick it off. Good luck and that is contagious so be careful.

Last edited:
I've been to the vet, all animals are on orals and topicals AND its been 2 MONTHS and it is not close in resolving itself.

i've heard on people you can drawl a line around the worm with a magic marker (sharpie) And it'll die... or something like that because it wont go past the line.. I have no idea though as i've never used it or seen it used. just what i've been told by a bunch of ol'timers

Back
Top Bottom