Anyone in Beavercreek, Ohio?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bluestem, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Bluestem

Bluestem New Egg

Feb 4, 2014
    Hello all! I'm trying to get in touch with other people interested in keeping hens here in Beavercreek, where they currently aren't allowed. I don't speak leagalese, so I'm having a hard time deciphering all of our ordinances and trying to figure out how to write a petition that our Board of Zoning Appeals and City Council would take seriously. So, if anyone has already got a foot in that door, I'd love to join ship and help out in whatever way I could--stumping door to door collecting signatures, designing some posters or logos--you name it. I know there's some interest, as last year the council rejected an appeal to allow hens (although they allowed honeybees, yay progress!), so that means there must be someone, or a group of someones out there pulling for this. If not, I'd appreciate any pointers anyone could give me on organizing such a thing. [​IMG]

2. LEdwards16

LEdwards16 New Egg

Jun 2, 2014
    I too am in Beavercreek and would like to have backyard chickens. I have a feeling that as long as Jarvis and Upton are on council, they will not be voted in. Perhaps a petition to get it on a ballot. Please let me know if you get a group going.

3. cntrytybumpkin

cntrytybumpkin New Egg

Dec 28, 2014
    I am in Beavercreek and I would like to have hens too. I do not know where to begin either. I have started looking for surrounding areas that have groups hoping for guidance.

4. EggsRUs1948

EggsRUs1948 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 18, 2015
    Hi,
    Hope you're still interested. We have a meeting with the City Manager on Friday to discuss.
    Aloha,
    Jim & Pam

5. EggsRUs1948

Oct 18, 2015
    Hi,
    Hope you're still interested. We have a meeting with the City Manager on Friday to discuss.
    Aloha,
    Jim & Pam

6. EggsRUs1948

Oct 18, 2015
    Hi,
    Aloha,
    Jim & Pam

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by