Anyone In Central Ohio Have A Spare Chick? Emergency Chick Need!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chipmunkridge, Sep 16, 2011.

1. chipmunkridge

chipmunkridge Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2010
    Lancaster
    I only one of my Seramas hatched. [​IMG]
    I don't think this little chick is going to be very happy all alone. I certainly can try to brood a single chick; but if someone in Central Ohio has a newly hatched bantam of some sort that they could give or loan or sell to me????
    I think a standard size chick would be TOO BIG to be with a Serama. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. marlene

marlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    Hi sorry i can't help cos i am in uk but i can tell you i have just put in new born silkies with i large breed ( LIGHT SUSSEX) chick as it was all alone and they all getting on just fine. The light sussex chick was was 1 week old when i put in the silkies, the week it spent on its on it did not stop chirping day and night and it was driving us mad but now its quiet and enjoying his new chick buddys even though they are tiny compared to him.
    Hope you find a little friend for yours [​IMG]

3. chipmunkridge

Oct 18, 2010
    Lancaster
    Quote:One chick, any chick would do I guess. [​IMG]

4. JoieD

JoieD Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2011
    Marysville, Ohio
    Mine are standards and a week old. Would that help?

5. GardenState38

GardenState38 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    Not as small as a Serama, but I initially was worried that my tiny EE bantam would have it rough with 4 other large fowl chicks. Turns out there was no need to worry.
    They know what they know, I think. The bantam thinks she's as big as the others and also has the quickness and smallness to run circles around the others now (they are 8 weeks) and scooches below them all to push her way up to the food or treats she wants!
    It's comical! She lets no one get the better of her!

6. chipmunkridge

Oct 18, 2010
    Lancaster
    I ordered 3 chicks from Meyer, they will hatch on Monday, and I'm going to pick them. All I could get, to get sexed females, was 2 blue hamburgs and a silver lakenvelder.
    When I bring them home they'll be new to the world and Tiny Serama Chick will be a mature 6 day old. Tiny Serama Chick can show them the ropes, and will be glad for the company.
    My husband didn't even mind the additional chicks as they will provide him with fresh eggs. [​IMG]

7. stellas mommy

stellas mommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2011
    carver
    Check craigslist!

8. JulB

JulB Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2011
    Quote:Maybe I'll see you at Meyers on Monday. Going to pick up our bantam brahmas!

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I've kept serama with LF chicks before and they do okay. The seramas have an attitude that the LF can't match at such a young age.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by