Anyone in Colorado have chicks for sale?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by High Mountain Chic, Feb 24, 2009.

1. High Mountain Chic

High Mountain Chic Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2009
    Leadville Colorado
    I am wondering if anyone in Colorado has chicks for sale? I am looking for cold hardy breeds ( I live at 10,200 ft), females only ( roos illegal in Leadville) and only about 6(all I can keep housed until they feather out). I am willing to drive approximately 3 hours from leadville to pick up chicks. Can anyone help me?
    *I am concerned about mailing chicks as Leadville is so far from airports and delivery can be troublesome due to weather. I would hate to think of my chicks sitting somewhere just waiting to be picked up!

2. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

My husband could bring you some chicks in Denver or Golden if you want some Rhode Islands or EEs. Both of those breeds (and Buff Orps) do very well where we're at (6800 feet).

3. woodland feed

woodland feed Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2009
    Deer Trail, Colorado
    Hi! I'm not sure how far Leadville is from me, but I'm in Deer Trail. I have week old pullets available right now-- Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rocks, White Leghorns, California Whites, & Buff Orpintons. I will have even more variety in a couple weeks. And eventually some-- ducklings, geese, guineas & turkeys. I also have a lot of birds that Aimee (Manifested Wings- a local hatchery) hatches, for sale. They are straight run, but as they get a little older, I can sometimes tell what sex they are. But I've been known to be wrong!

4. breezy

breezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    A little off topic but just wanted to pipe in that Aimee from Manifested Wings is selling me some buff orpingtons and has been an absolute pleasure to deal with.

5. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Breezy I was wondering if you got your 2 girls yet. How fun for you, make sure to post pics when they get home. [​IMG]

6. New adventure

New adventure Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Pueblo, Colorado
    There's a really nice man in Pueblo that is hatching every week now. Name is Bill 719-948-3168. He has silkies, buff orps, geese, ducks; not sure what else. Good luck.

7. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    [​IMG] New Adventure!!!

8. breezy

breezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    I dont have my girls yet but have gotten pics of the little peepers!. She is going to raise them till they are past the brooder stage for me. I cant hardly wait![​IMG]

9. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

We've gotten 8 chicks from Aimee in the last few weeks and they are fabulous. I've got a few more chicks coming from her in the next few weeks. We live at 8500ft and all of our chickens are doing really well. Good luck with your new adventure!!

Sonja

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by