Anyone in Denver want to loan my son's kindergarten class some duck eggs?

kstokes

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 1, 2012
I feel like a traitor to my chicks, since my very first post is about ducks!
lol.png
My son's class usually hatches ducks every spring, but his teacher says that she can't find anyone with fertile eggs locally this year. Any chance someone can help her out? Or point me in the direction of someone that can? She would need to find some in the next two weeks so that they could hatch by year's end!

If you don't find any local you can always order some online through Strombergs hatchery...they will ship fertile eggs. Not sure what they charge though. good luck.

Yeah, we could always order some, but we need someone that can take the ducks *back* after they hatch :)

I found some! A family here in Denver loaned us 8 duck eggs that were laid after they filled their incubators! Here's hoping that at least 1 of them hatches!
smile.png

Oh very best of luck!

I was going to offer to send you some (even though I'm UK based).

Just a thought: because you have experienced a little difficulty finding eggs this year, is there any way you can find a way to keep a trio (one drake, two ducks) so that, next year, you will have a ready supply of fertilized eggs for the children? Depending on the breed, you would be reimbursed with some luscious eggs in the meantime. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom