Anyone in East TN area willing to man a booth about Chicken Ownership?

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances' started by jywel417, Jul 3, 2010.

1. jywel417

jywel417 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    Atlanta
    Hello Guys!!

I am working with the Oak Ridge Kennel Club on organizing a Responsible Dog Ownership Day in Oak Ridge, Tennessee Saturday and Sunday September 25th and 26th 2010 and was hoping some BYCers might be willing to come out and set up a booth about the benefits of chicken ownership. A little while ago the city tried to pass a law making it legal to own hens in the city but it failed. I was thinking this would be a great opportunity to educate the public and then the next time the law comes up it might go through! I would man the booth myself but I am in charge of the whole festival so there is no way I can man the information booth, run everything else, and adequately run a chicken info booth. Anyone who might be willing to help would be greatly appreciated!!! I think it would be very beneficial for the community !!!!

Whitney Newman

2. jywel417

jywel417 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    Atlanta
    Okay, if no one is able to help can anyone give me suggestions of good places to go to print out information I can set out on my information table? I won't be able to really promote the idea of chicken ownership because of everything else I will have to do but I can at least put information out where people can grab it if they are interested.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by